Data Export is used by thousands of users since March 2016. We are partners with all our users and we consider user privacy as extremely important to us. Our privacy commitment can be summarized in one sentence – “We do not collect or store Shopify shop data in our server or database”. Please read below for the detailed explanation.
- What information is not stored in Data Export Database?
- What information does Data Export collect and store in its Database?
- How are reports generated if no data is stored in the Database?
- What purpose do we use your Information?
- Does Data Export share information with third parties?
- Your Rights If you are a European resident
- Whom do I contact if I have any privacy questions?
What information is not stored in Data Export Database?
- We do not collect or store data (Order, Payment, Product) of the Shopify Merchant’s store. Neither do we store any personal information in our database.
- We also do not collect or store personal information of customers like customer name, phone number, address in our database.
What information is stored in Data Export Database?
- Only report structure (format) without the data is stored in the database. Report format contains fields (column headings) of a report. For example, an order report format might contain field names like Order number, Order date, Product Title, Line Item price, Total taxes and others. The report format is stored so you can use it in the future.
- We collect the user (Shopify Merchant) name and email when Data Export is installed. This information is used for Data Export related communication.
- When a report format is created, the Shopify Merchant can run the report manually or schedule it to be delivered by email, FTP or Google Sheets. The executed reports are stored for 90 days so the merchant can download the report without having to run the report again. We use Amazon S3 database and servers housed in Oregon, USA.
How are reports generated if no data is stored in the Database?
- Data Export architecture is built to create report formats only.
- When the report is executed for a date range, the report format will be used to fetch the relevant data and send directly to the user – either by email, FTP or Google Sheets.
What purpose do we use your Information?
- For Merchants who use FTP method to export the reports, we save the FTP credentials in encrypted format.
- For Merchants who prefer to export to Google Sheets, the data is sent to the Merchant’s Google account. The authentication between Data Export and Google Sheets is enabled by the Merchant.
- Our support team customizes reports according to your reporting need. Custom reports are created using sample data after your approval.
- We collect the user (Shopify Merchant) name and email when Data Export is installed. This information will be used to communicate about product usage, product updates, and other products built by us.
Does Data Export share information with third parties?
- We do not share any data to a third-party.
- We may also share your information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Your Rights if you are a European resident
- The only personal information we collect is the user (Shopify Merchant) name and email ID for communication purpose. You have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
- If you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example, creating custom reports).
- Additionally, please note that your information (Name and Email ID) will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Whom do I contact if I have any privacy questions?
- For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Ulrich John Solomon is the DPO (Data Protection Officer) at Dayspring Technologies, which owns Data Export. He does not belong to the IT Department or the Marketing Department. If you have any questions you can contact at firstname.lastname@example.org