Personal and Store Information the App Collects
When you install the App, we are automatically able to access (read access) your Shopify account. The Shopify merchant can create reports using Orders, Product and Customer APIs.
- We do not collect personal information on the user (Shopify Merchant) of Data Export or the retail customers of the Shopify Merchant’s store. Neither do we store the personal information on our servers.
- The shop data (orders, customers, and products) of the Shopify Merchant is not stored on our database.
- The report structure without the data are stored in the database because the report format can be used even after the Shopify Merchant reinstalls Data Export.
- Our support team customizes reports according to the Merchant’s need. The support person will create the report with sample data from the store. Custom reports are created only after the approval of the Merchant.
How Do We Use Your Personal and Store Information?
We use the information we collect from you and your customers to create reports using Data Export. Additionally, we use personal information to: Communicate with you; Optimize or improve the App; and Provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Once the report format is created, the Shopify Merchant can run the report manually or schedule it to be delivered by email, FTP or Google Sheets. The executed reports are stored in Data Export’s Amazon S3 Database for 90 days. This is needed to fetch data from the Merchant’s store and customize it and finally export it when the report is run by the Merchant.
- For Merchants who use FTP method to export the reports, we save the FTP credentials in encrypted format.
- For Merchants who prefer to export to Google Sheets, the data is sent to the Merchant’s Google account. The authentication between Data Export and Google Sheets is enabled by the Merchant.
Sharing Your Personal and Store Information
We do not share any of the store data or personal data to a third-party.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Your Rights If you are a European resident
You have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example creating custom reports), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ulrich John Solomon is DPO (Data Protection Officer) at Dayspring Technologies, which owns Data Export. I do not belong to the IT Department or the Marketing Department. If you have any questions you can contact me at email@example.com